Friday, July 11, 2008

new mommy?

last night was rough. my poor little baby monster was in so much pain. it made me cry because there was nothing i could do for her. she was whimpering and crying, looking at me with those big beautiful brown eyes. it broke my heart. considering i don't have any babies, monster is my baby. she went to sleep around 12.30. then i woke up to her crying at 2am. i tried to comfort her until 3am. it was like getting up to nurse a newborn. i feel like a new mommy. a new mommy that doesn't know what she's doing, at that. so, a little after 3am, i went and woke up kevin. he switched me rooms. he took over caring for monster and i slept until this morning--waking up every 45 minutes because i could hear monster whimpering in the other room. needless to say, it was interesting.

she seems to be doing better today. she's moving around a little bit more. still whimpering and still really uncomfortable. my poor baby. i hope this goes by fast.

2 comments:

COURTNEY said...

Thanks for the advice...but I have NO idea what you are talking about! You will have to show me sometime with my camera in hand :)

Courtney Young said...

Thanks for sending me the links :)I couldn't see the non-centered photo though :( YES...when you are back from Vegas we must get together and talk photography! I have not read anything about photography yet, so I am strictly messing around with the buttons on the camera and trying different things. Once we move to the Portland area, I am planning on taking a class somewhere. I am SO hands on, I will learn much more from being in a class then from reading books say from Borders, or even online, or my very own camera handbook! I'm sure the photography class will require reading also, but at least I can see people using the camera and what not :)