Monday, July 7, 2008

a real update

here's a little bit about what's been going on in my life lately:

i graduated from oregon state university with a bachelors degree in fine arts and a minor in art history. my fine arts degree was broken down into photography and graphic design. no, i don't have a "real" job yet. i'm taking my time and figuring out what i really want to do. after 5 years in school, what's an extra month or two?

i am attempting to start my own invitation design company, specializing in wedding invitations and things of that sort. it has been doing really well thus far. pretty soon my website will be complete and you'll be able to browse my work. if anybody needs any design work done, i'd be glad to work with you. possible jobs in addition to wedding invitations would be baby shower, birthday parties, graduation parties, wedding showers, bachelorette parties, bachelor parties, engagement announcements, anniversary parties, surprise parties, we've moved announcements, we're expecting announcements and much more...contact me for more info. the best way for me to get more work is word of mouth so please keep me in mind :)

as stated in an earlier post, i have moved to las vegas for the summer to be close to my boyfriend and his friends/family for a while. after five years of him being close to me in oregon, i figured it's my turn to get to know his neck of the woods--er, should i say desert? i never knew what HOT was until i came to vegas. here's my pro's and cons:

pro: i am getting tan
con: it's hotter than hell and i'm probably getting cancer
pro: karen and tim let me bring my little monster dog
con: their dog, bear, won't eat because she's terrified of monster
pro: i've been taking monster on lots of walks
con: there are 8 million black widows that i see on our walks--GROSS!
pro: i have been maxin and relaxin...
con: the money only lasts so long ;)
pro: i'm close to kevin
con: i'm far from my family

overall, i'm happy to be here and feel blessed that kevin's parents opened up their home to me. i really do miss my family and my little sophia sunshine.

yesterday i saw a tarantula just chilling on the sidewalk. i know that's a weird update but i had to mention it, as it was probably the sickest thing i've ever seen. much worse than seeing on at petco. it gave me chills. i don't recommend.

kevin and i are planning to get marrried sometime during winter of 2009. we are not engaged yet, but we've already made some plans. that's exciting to think about. first comes love, then comes marriage then comes...both of us trying to find great jobs to save up money to buy a house and then possibly thinking of babies. that's the plan. however, life never goes as planned. we'll just have to wait and see.

for now it's just me and my puppy livin the life.

No comments: