Thursday, July 17, 2008

something old, new, borrowed, blue?

talked alot about weddings today. some days i am very "i don't need a wedding to be happy" and other days (like today) weddings/getting married is all i can talk or think about. kevin's mom karen and karen's daughter-in-law Jessica were asking me questions about future plans. it got me thinkin about the whole "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue" tradition.

my something old:
right now all i can think of is my diamond that was given to me by my mother from her original wedding ring. probably have an old hankie or something, too.

my something new:
obviously, the dress. in addition, i hope it to be a pearl necklace. i know i am going to be a very classic, traditional bride. i feel that a pearl necklace, hopefully from my father, is very fitting for my style and the way i picture myself on my wedding day. (or, if the dress is not fitting for a necklace, perhaps subtle dangling pearl earrings)

my something borrowed:
although i don't have the dress yet, i do plan to borrow my veil. i have one friend and one family member whose veil i could borrow. not because i don't want to buy my own, but because there's a connection there. i think it's special.

my something blue:
probably blue in my lingerie or garter. who knows? that's a tough one. i guess, considering i'm not even engaged yet, i still have time to think about it :)

No comments: